Wednesday, June 24, 2009

City Crab in Miami, Florida

People who know me very well know that I love seafood! I will tear up some shrimp, snow crab, crawfish, lobster and certain types of fish (fillets only, no heads, no bones, no catfish). I was recently introduced to conch by my male bff aka my little brother and I'm hooked! So imagine my excitement when my favorite blog on the web (aside from my own) bloggingblackmiami.com/ started bigging up a new seafood restaurant named City Crab Miami.

Here is my review, short and sweet:

I went there craving garlic crabs but had to settle for shrimp because they had run out. How do you run out of crab when you are named City Crab? I was instantly annoyed and thought to myself "This is why I go to chain restaurants" until I feasted on the shrimp. The owner put his foot in that meal! It was to die for. It left me wanting more so I looked up the number to call today to see if they had crab delivered so I could pick up dinner. Surprise! The phone is disconnected. I find myself thinking those chain restaurant thoughts again... Small business owners, especially black small business owners. We MUST do better. If you are going to start something up make sure you have enough to meet your supply and demand. And above all, make sure your utilities are on at all costs! It is VERY tacky to have a disconnected business number. I hope this gets squared away immediately because I would love to see them flourish and spread out into different cities. With food that delicious it's very possible!
After I posted the review on another site I realized that I might hurt the owner's feelings. I considered e-mailing the webmaster and having them remove my post. However, I thought twice about it. If you're in business for yourself you have to have thick skin, and you MUST have your business affairs in order. Me typing about these issues is nothing compared patrons experiencing them, stereotyping your start up as a hot ghetto mess and going to Joe's Crab Shack. So with that being said, I hope that this message reaches the business owners and that they take this how it is meant- a sincere concern for them from the heart in hopes that they take the criticism constructively and improve. After all, if I didn't care, I wouldn't waste a keystroke speaking on it. Nor would I attempt to return. It's all love! Now order an extra case of snow crab legs! :)

No comments: